1. Construction Industry: Sodium gluconate is an efficient set retarder and a good plasticizer & water reducer for concrete, cement, mortar and gypsum. As it acts as a corrosion inhibitor it helps to protect iron bars used in concrete from corrosion.
2. Electroplating and Metal Finishing Industry: As a sequestrate, sodium gluconate can be used in copper, zinc and cadmium plating baths for brightening and increasing luster.
3. Corrosion Inhibitor: As a high performance corrosion inhibitor to protect steel/copper pipes and tanks from corrosion.
4. Agrochemicals Industry: Sodium gluconate is used in agrochemicals and in particular fertilizers. It helps plants and crops to absorb necessary minerals from the soil.
5. Others: Sodium Gluconate also used in water treatment, paper and pulp, cleaning agent for glass bottle, photo chemicals, textile auxiliaries, plastics and polymers, inks, paints and dyes industries, chelating agent for cement, printing and metal surface water treatment, steel surface cleaning agent, plating and alumina dyeing industries and good food additive or food fortifier of sodium.