ABOUT OPTICAL BONDING
Originally developed for avionics and military displays, optical bonding is now moving into industrial and consumer applications such as touch screens, TVs, smartphones, digital signage and medical imaging.
Optical bonding (LCD bonding, direct bonding) refers to a protective glass or touchscreen that is glued in front of a display to enhance its readability in high humidity outdoor environments. When a normal display is used in an outdoor environment, there are some factors that affect its readability. The most common one is “fog”, or condensation, which forms on the inner surface of display's vandal shield. Another factor is the reflection of sunlight, which causes a mirror-image on the display. Both phenomena can be solved by using optical bonding.
Optical bonding is the use of an optical-grade silicon-based adhesive to glue a glass or touchscreen to the top surface of a display. The assembly is cured in a process that affixes the display together while solidifying the adhesive. The main goal of optical bonding is to improve the display performance under outdoor environments. This method eliminates the air gap between the cover glass and the display. Moreover, anti-reflective coating is often used in optical bonding glass. The real problem for display readability in outdoor environments is not the display's brightness but its contrast. Contrast means the ratio of the white level to the black level; in other words, the contrast ratio of display means the difference of light intensity between the brightest white pixel and the darkest black pixel. The main purpose of optical bonding is to increase the display's contrast ratio by reducing the amount of reflected ambient light.
• Increased Ruggedness (up to 300%): Bonding a sheet of glass on top of the display increases the ruggedness of the display.
• Improved Durability: A bonded display is better able to resist scratches, fluids, stains and dirt.
• Condensation: The elimination of an air gap between the cover glass and the display means that moisture cannot Penetrate and cause fogging on display’s surface.
• Increased Sunlight Readability (up to 400%): By reducing the amount of reflection, the contrast of the bonded display is enhanced. The higher the contrast, the easier it is to read to display screen.
• Extended Temperature Range and EMI Filtering: The temperature range of the display can be extended by incorporating ITO heaters on the cover glass; EMI filters can be added via the same mechanism.
Configuration and Process:
Trade Terms: EXW, FOB, CIF, DDU
Payment Terms: T/T, PayPal, Western Union, Escrow
Payment Condition: 40% in Advance as Deposit, 60% Balance before Shipment
Lead Time: 2-6 Working Weeks
Shipping: By sea, Air and Express