Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Module Ibeacon beacon nRF51822
The Nordic Semiconductor nRF51422 is a multi-protocol, single-chip solution for applications including PC peripherals, Internet TV remotes, sports/fitness/health sensors, toys, and automation.
1) Cortex-M0 core, single instruction 32-bit multiplier, three-stage pipeline, on-chip 256KB FLASH, 16KB RAM, NVM (EEPROM-like), 32 GPIO.
2) Multi-protocol 2.4GHz RF transceiver. Supports BLE, ANT, GazellTM and user-defined protocols. It is fully compatible with Nordic's existing nRF24L series ICs by setting registers.
3) Sensitivity is -92.5dB RX in Bluetooth low power mode.
4) Software programmable output power, minimum -20dBm-, up to +4dBm output power.
5) When in the LDO-1.8V power supply mode, the output current is only 16mA (MCU+RADIO) when outputting +4dBm power. When the output is +4dBm in DC-DC3V mode, the operating current is only 10.5mA. Due to its low power consumption, it is ideal for 3V button battery powered applications. See the comparison below.
6) Sleep mode 2uA current.
7) Comply with the Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) standard.
8) Field strength RSSI.
9) The maximum data rate is 2Mbps.
10) 64-bit device ID. BLE can be used for identification.
11) Powerful and low power 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor with 2μs startup time, which greatly reduces active time and increases code density compared to 8/16-bit processors.
12) Refine power management, individual systems can be independently switched, and the clock can be controlled autonomously based on the activity level.
13) Programmable Peripheral Interconnect (PPI) system. Through the event task mechanism, the interaction of peripheral devices such as RF transceivers, timers, ADCs, I/Os, etc., does not need to be participated by the processor, which greatly improves system efficiency and is more energy efficient.
14) Efficient EasyDMA RF transceiver interface with flexible RAM mapped FIFO.
15) Highly flexible GPIO mapping. Most digital IO users can customize the pin location. Simplifies PCB design and helps reduce the number of wiring layers.
16) Custom 2 Zone Memory Protector (MPU) for user programs and pre-compiled protocol stacks such as Bluetooth Low Energy and GazellTM Runtime Protection. The nRF51 family of software architectures provides a unique and powerful separation between the protocol stack and user applications, providing application developers with maximum flexibility, ease of development, and code security.
17) The stack is 100% asynchronous and event-driven, and provides the application layer (SVC) application programming interface (API) to the application layer for user understanding and application.
18) Simple programming model, without a dedicated application framework or scheduler/RTOS dependencies, the C language foundation can be quickly developed.
19) The protocol stack and application code are not linked for time dependencies and can be compiled and updated/programmed independently; the stack runtime is protected, ensuring interoperability and reducing the risk of application errors affecting the stack.
20) nRF51 series ICs are code and pin compatible, allowing reuse in a different project with a basic code. The benefits of pin compatibility not only re-use hardware designs for different projects during development, prototyping, and production, but can also be easily transferred to another IC in the same family.
21) The original TASK and EVENT concept, the operation of on-chip peripherals is very convenient and concise, you can easily use a variety of peripherals with only a few registers.
1) 256kB flash and 16kB RAM.
2) Digital and mixed signal peripherals, including on-chip temperature sensors, RNG (random number generator), 10-bit ADC, and quadrature decoder.
3) 32 GPIOs, any pin has a trigger interrupt function, 16 PPI channels.
4) 128-bit AES ECB/CCM/AAR coprocessor.
5) 3 32-bit timer/counter 2 24-bit RTCs, 2 TWIs up to 400Kbps, 2 SPIs up to 8Mbps, and a UART up to 1Mbps.
6) On-chip LDO, DC-DC, wide power supply range 1.8-3.6V.
7) On-chip +/- 250 ppm 32kHZ RC oscillator for cost-effective and board space in Bluetooth low-power applications without the need for an external 32kHz crystal, and the 32KHZ clock source can be divided from the 16MHz system clock.
8) 6x6mm 48-pin QFN, WCSP package, providing up to 32 GPIOs.