Propylene glycol (PG C3H8O2 ) is a colorless liquid with steady viscosity and good water absorption. It is nearly odorless ,uninflammable and almost non-toxic. It can be mixed and solved with alcohol,water and various organic agents.
Propylene glycol have pharma grade and industrial grade, you can chose the grade based on different usage.
Propylene Glycol Usage
Unsaturated Polyester Resin
Engine Coolant and Antifreeze
Hydraulic and Brake Fluid
Aircraft Deicing Fluid
Heat Transfer Fluid
Paint and Coatings (water-based)
Propylene Glycol Production Property
Physical state and appearance: Liquid. (Oily liquid.)
Odor: Practically Odorless.
Taste: Practically Tasteless.
Molecular Weight: 76.1g/mole
Color: Colorless. Clear
pH (1% soln/water): Not available.
Boiling Point: 188°C (370.4°F)
Melting Point: -59°C (-74.2°F)
Critical Temperature: Not available.
Specific Gravity: 1.036 (Water = 1)
Vapor Pressure:0 kPa (@ 20°C) 0.08 mmHg at 20 C 0.129 mmHg at 25 C
Vapor Density: 2.62 (Air = 1)
Volatility: Not available.
Odor Threshold: Not available.
Water/Oil Dist. Coeff.: The product is more soluble in water; log(oil/water) = -0.9
Ionicity (in Water): Not available.
Dispersion Properties: See solubility in water, acetone
Propylene Glycol Application
· As a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations. Notably, which is insolubl e in water, uses propylene glycol as its solvent in its clinical, injectable form.
· As a humectant food additive, labeled as E number E1520
· As an emulsification agent in Angostura and orange bitters
· As a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste, mouth wash, hair care and tobacco products
· As a carrier in fragrance oils
· As an ingredient in massage oils
· In hand sanitizers, antibacterial lotions, and saline solutions
· In smoke machines to make artificial smoke for use in firefighters' training and theatrical productions
· In electronic cigarettes, as a vaporizable base for diluting the nicotine liquid
· As a solvent for food colors and flavorings
· As an ingredient, along with wax and gelatin, in the production of paintballs
· As a moisture stabilizer (humectant) for snus (Swedish style snuff).
215kg/drum or 220kg/drum,
IBC drums of net weight 1000kg/drum,
This product should be stored in cool and windy special warehouse far from fire and transported as a general chemical product.
DONGYING CITY LONGXING CHEMICAL CO., LTD is located in the southern tip of the Yellow River Delta Qilu Pear--Shandong Dawang Economic Development Zone. Founded in 2008, which is a basic chemical raw matericals sales and export-oriented company.
Our product sales are ranked among the top nationwide, is one of the largest distributors of methylene chloride industry sales. Our products are exported to Europe, America, Africa, southest Asia and other regions, and also over 20 provinces and cities in China.
Today, Longxing chem has been one of the top suppliers of quality organic chemical , such as: methylene chloride, Aniline oil , propylene glycol, Dimethyl formamide and dimethyl carbonate, caustic soda.
We sincerely welcome customers both domestic and abroad to business cooperation.