|Port:||guangzhou , shenzhen , hongkong|
|Payment Terms:||L/C,D/A,D/P,T/T,Western Union,MoneyGram,cash|
|Supply Ability:||50000 Ton/Tons per Month|
|Other Names:||Texture paint|
|Place of Origin:||Guangdong China|
|Main Raw Material:||Acrylic|
|Product Name:||Texture paint|
|Shelf Life:||24 Months|
|Name:||Texture Stone Paint|
Spray Stone Paint Q&A
When selecting the right primer to use on a surface, you can simply do a masking tape test by applying it on an already primed and dry surface; then pull firmly the masking tape from the primed surface. If the primer sticks to the tape, you haven’t used the proper primer, contact the Customer Service Center for the right primer to use.
1. What types of primer can be used?
We recommend using a primer that is specific to the surface you are working on. Metal surfaces require a special metallic primer. Regardless of the surface, however, it is important to have an even layer of primer, without missed spots, to ensure proper adhesion.
2. Is the Spray Stone waterproof?
Totally water-proofing anything is a complicated procedure that requires the special equipment, materials, professional training and certifications. Exterior wall finishes are usually designed to be water-resistant, which takes care of the day-to-day environmental exposure to water. Spray Stone will withstand rain, snow, and other normal precipitation.
3. Can Spray Stone be applied on a “fresh” surface?
A fresh surface must meet certain conditions before Spray Stone is applied. In the case of concrete, we recommend allowing 30 days to ensure it is fully cured, free of moisture, and has a low enough pH for proper adhesion. Proper surface preparation is crucial for the integrity of the finish. Rushing application onto an ill-prepared surface will jeopardize adhesion and lead to premature failure of the coating.
4. How long does each application layer take to dry?
Primers, elastomerics, and top coats have varying dry times and usually come with documentation that specifies a safe time frame. We recommend waiting 4-8 hours between applying the first and second layers of Spray Stone, and before finishing with the top coat. Keep in mind that dry times will vary based on atmospheric factors such as temperature and humidity.
5. How resistant is Spray Stone to stains?
Spray Stone is nonporous which prevents dirt, moisture, and dust particles from becoming embedded in the finish. Due to Spray Stone’s high resin content and additional protection provided by the clear top coat, the finished Spray Stone coating offers excellent resistance to common stains.
6. What are some of the architectural applications for Spray Stone?
Spray Stone can be used as the finish coat for exteriors. Due to its ability to match visual and tactile properties of natural stone, it can be used alongside real granite to cut costs or allow for design solutions that would be highly challenging to implement with slabs of natural stone. Both exterior and interior walls in older buildings with marks of natural discoloration, cracks and other cosmetic damage can be easily brought to presentable condition with Spray Stone. In regions with high seismic activity, where using heavy stone on higher floors is hazardous, Spray Stone is a safe alternative. Due to it’s spray-on application, Spray Stone can transform virtually any architectural detail, column, capital, molding or relief quickly and easily.
7. What are the primary ingredients of Spray Stone?
Polymer/resin (66%) and sand granules (33%).
8. What is the lifespan of Spray Stone?
The longest standing architecture with Spray Stone is currently standing at 12 years.
The appearance and texture have remained the same as they were the day Spray Stone was applied. We guarantee our product to retain its aesthetic and qualitative characteristics for at least 10 years.
A re-application of the clear top coat renews Spray Stone.
9. What about cracks and discoloration?
Due to Spray Stone’s formulation and application of elastomeric the coating is highly resistant to cracks. In an ASTM test, Spray Stone showed no cracking under stress. Spray Stone incorporates the highest-grade pigments and UV stabilizers to prevent discoloration Spray Stone was tested for 1000 hours of UV exposure and showed no yellowness.
10. How do I achieve the best possible results with Spray Stone?
Store, mix and apply Spray Stone according to the information contained above. Highest quality results are achieved when Spray Stone is applied in conjunction with primer, elastomeric, and top coat, as outlined above.
11. How many different layers of Spray Stone are required to achieve a multi-color surface?
Spray Stone technology combines multiple color granules into a single component product. With each spray, multiple granules are emitted at once creating the finished surface. All that you need for a perfect finish are 2 coats of your choice of Spray Stone.
12. Will efflorescence occur after applying Spray Stone?
If the primer has been applied correctly, it will penetrate the pores of concrete preventing efflorescence from occurring.
13. How do I clean the Spray Stone surface?
Surfaces clean easily with soap and water, using a soft-bristle brush. Spray Stone has been tested and approved for 2,000 scrub brush strokes.
14. Will a color difference result when Spray Stone is applied by different installers?
No, Spray Stone is pre-mixed at the factory, ensuring a consistent result every time.
15. Can Spray Stone be applied on a rainy day?
No, Spray Stone can only be applied onto a dry surface.
16. What do I do if a Spray Stone coat becomes wet before drying completely?
Allow the surface to fully dry and then check for any imperfections or uneven areas.
Reapply the main coat and top coat to the affected area.
17. Why can Spray Stone only be applied in humidity under 85% and PH below 10?
The adhesion of the coating material will be adversely affected by excessive humidity and highly alkaline surface conditions.
18. How long does a typical job take?
There are many factors that will affect job time, including number of colors, areas to be masked, and presence of intricate detail. For comparison, an average living room takes 2 days to complete while a 3-story facade takes about one week.
19. How can I ensure there is no visible seam between Spray Stone and the natural stone to which it is matched?
To completely hide the visible seam, apply Spray Stone all the way to the edge of the
natural stone surface.
20. Can Spray Stone be applied to metal surfaces such as tin, nickel, zinc, aluminum or other softer and ductile metals?
As long as the appropriate type of primer is applied, Spray Stone can be applied onto any surface.
21. Will there be a visible difference if Spray Stone is applied on different days?
Spray Stone has been formulated to avoid color variations that plague many finishing materials. It will look the same regardless of when and by whom it is applied, as long as the correct procedures are followed.
22. Besides moisture, are there other weather limitations?
Resin, used as an essential part of the Spray Stone system, begins to freeze below 40°F (5°C). Spray Stone should not be stored or applied below this temperature.
23. What about the effects of fire on the finished Spray Stone surface?
Spray Stone has been classified as a Class A product (most fire resistant) with the Flame Spread Index of 25 and Smoke Developed Index of 10.
24. What should I do if I have two different substrates to be coated with Spray Stone?
Applying the appropriate primer for each substrate will solve the problem.
25. Can Spray Stone be applied on interiors?
Yes. Like many exterior coatings, Spray Stone may also be used for interiors.
Spray Stone is non-toxic, water-based, and has extremely low VOC.
26. Can Spray Stone be applied as a floor?
No, although Spray Stone is abrasion resistant, flooring materials are required to meet special durability standards aimed at safety of the occupants and longevity of the structures.
27. Can Spray Stone be used as a roofing material?
Roofing materials also require special characteristics that SprayStone hasn’t been tested for and we do not advise using it for roofs.
28. How does Spray Stone application time compare with that of other exterior finishes?
Because of its spray-on application, Spray Stone is comparable to that of paint. Finishes that must be troweled on, take considerably longer time to install.
29. What surface area can be covered with one 25kg bucket of Spray Stone?
3-8 square meters. In addition, primer and clear top coat should be applied accordingly. Primer is 8 square meter per kilogram and clear top coat is 10 square metres per kilogram.
30. What kind of polymer does Spray Stone use?
100% pure acrylic polymer.
Guangdong Maydos Building Materials Limited Company
International Business Department
Mr. Kevin Huang
No.11, Zhenxing Road, Sanzhou, Lunjiao, Shunde District, Foshan City, Guangdong Province China